Thursday, November 6, 2008

(Another) Black President Pt I




I had a little cold on November 4, 2008, that's why I didn't go to Bible Study or to an Election Watch Party. It was my brother's birthday and a time for change!!!

So, now that I'm back, let me say this first...


I know n*ga's across the U.S. is like, "I wish a cracker would!" We feeling ourselves right now, but the election of the 1st brown skinned brother to run this country does NOT automatically result in an immediate change in the world. Racism still exists, poverty still exists, statistics still exist!
And like a good friend of mine stated, a leader is only as good as his/her followers. We cannot, we must not, put our faith in man or chariots and horses, or political governments. Change is good, and is much needed, but one person can only do so much. I hope that we as a people do not get blind sighted and color struck and forget to realize that he is a politician. A good man, a family man, as far as we know, and honest and upright man. But he is a politician.

He is the president to all American citizens, the entire American race. Yes we embrace our differences in culture, color, ethnicity, gender, orientations, and the like, but to be an American is to be a part of a "race". No longer should we define race (I never understood it anyway) as a color or ethnicity, but as a national identity. That's just my opinion.

Obama did not come like the Messiah or W. E. B. Du Bois to save the Souls of Black Folk. He came to accomplish his mission, just like you and I should be doing. Let's leave salvation to THE ONE who can and has saved us from what really matters...eternity!


I had gotten so tired of hearing people tell me that because Obama was elected, that I should have a new hope in myself. That now I should realize that I can do whatever I put my mind to. It's almost to say that, "we've been telling you kids this since kindergarten, but now you can really believe it!" The last time I checked, I thought that I could do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I learned that from my mama and I always believed it. That's what gives me hope. I don't mean to take anything away from Mr. President Elect. After all, that's my president, just like the last 43 were.

I am elated that America voted for the best possible candidate, and saw past the issue of color. I really didn't think we could do it. As we all know, racism still exists. Stereotypes are exaggerations of realities and conditions, and people have made their remarks. It was like the OJ Simpson trial all over again. And I'm sure some white supremacist will use this election to prove that "they're taking over." And someone has said that maybe Obama will tell our young black men to pull their pants up, but LOVE is taught at home, just like everything else should be, including the pulling up of pants. Obama cannot teach us to love ourselves and to regard ourselves as Kings and Queens. That's society's job. I do pray that Mr. President Elect will continue to pay it forward, or pass it on, or give back, or however you'd like to describe it, as he has been doing. I believe in hope, I believe in change, but real change takes place in the hearts of men. For change you can believe in, that will never fail, look to LOVE.

I guess it's true about Oprah, everything she puts her hand to prospers. I need her connection!



Congratulations Mr. President. Thank you for adding to our legacy!




No comments: